We’d like to have one or more bloggers for this Historians website. If you could blog once a month or quarter on Amish and Mennonite historical topics related to the Casselman River Valley area, we’d like to hear from you. Email Kevin Miller (see the Contacts tab) and we’ll get you set up.
Nothing fancy or long needed on these blogs—just interesting observations or questions from time-to-time to help keep the discussion going. We can help guide you through the technical side of posting blogs if you are not tech savvy, or you can simple submit your posts as Word email attachments.
You might blog about topics like:
- an historic Bible or spinning wheel
- a question about a missing name in a genealogy
- an article in Mennonite Family or another history magazine
- an interesting character in your family history
- a conference you attended
- a conversation you had related to Amish and Mennonite history
- the story of a family that has lived in a house for successive generations
- what a mother wrote in letters to children who had moved out of the Casselman River Valley
- a chest or plate that has been handed down through the generations
- a grave marker in a certain cemetery
- a theological belief of a certain preacher
- a photo of a certain immigrant ancestor